Friday 25 June 2021

Descriptive writing

 WALT: write a descriptive piece.


*Write to describe this setting, imagine you are there

*Starting with a brainstorm of your senses could help you.. For this task we had to describe a picture that Miss Power gave us this was the picture

This is how I described the picture

On a cold snowy night as I sit by the warm fire, the smoke pouring out of the chimney I roast marshmallows on my open fire whilst drinking a nice warm hot chocolate with 4 marshmallows bobbling on top. The cold draft comes through the cracks in the bottom of the door and it feels like I'm walking in snow. As I sit in my chair rocking it creaks like the floorboards do when I'm trying to sneak some chocolate. The moon shines through the clouds and the snow falls ever so carefully and as they float past the window It gives me shivers because it reminds me how cold it is outside. I snuggle into my covers and fall asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.