Friday 14 May 2021

Descriptive writing

WALT: write a descriptive piece of writing.

Today we will focus on the use of our descriptive language

-adjectives, verbs, adverbs, similes and personification.

When writing about one of the images you are pretending that you are there… What do you see, smell, feel, touch and taste?



The palm trees waving at me with the wind rustling them around, so joyfully it makes me want to dance. The boat engines roaring loudly yet so peacefully forcing little waves to come crashing against the shore. Golden sand in between my toes, the sand so hot but underneath so cool. The mountains in the distance closing me into the beautiful bay, the trees colouring the whole mountains emerald green, with only one way out. Looking into the baby blue water I see tons of colourful fish swimming past me in rows. I can see the whole rainbow right in front of my eyes.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.