Friday 25 June 2021

Camp story

 We went on camp on the 2nd of June till the 4th of June. I had so much fun but the best activity was tree climbing. We wrote a descriptive piece describing our favourite thing on camp, this was mine.

Hanmer Springs camp 2021


As I am tightening my harness around my waist I can feel myself getting more and more excited, the butterflies in my stomach fluttering less. The wind is blowing the trees about and it looks like they’re dancing about in the breeze. I walk up to the biggest tree with a buzz of excitement then I look up to see how tall it really is. I see Skylah go up and she goes up in a blast and my turn is coming faster than I thought and before I knew it I was clipping the carabiner onto my harness climbing the ladder up to the tree. When I feel the bark of the tree it spooks me but once I start climbing the tree it feels like I belong. Then I get to the top as fast as leaves blow on a windy day, as i'm coming back down I think to myself how difficult it would be to climb up blindfolded, so once I made it to the bottom feeling like I accomplished something big I get curious and ask to go up blindfolded and as I’m putting on the blindfold it goes pitch black, and as soon as I climb the ladder to the tree it feels like I belong I fly up as fast as a monkey and I feel proud because  made it without falling and on my way down I can't get the smile off my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.