Thursday 6 May 2021

Letter to Home

 This week we have been looking at ANZAC day and WW1 and WW2, I chose to look at the animals that went to war. I also wrote this letter to a kid from their father who went to war.

James

Gallipoli

Peninsula


Wednesday 26th July 1916


Dear Archie,


It's been more than a year since I left, I hope you have been

looking after your mother and siblings. I am very proud that

you have been living without me, please write back to me and

let me know how things are going. I hope to be back in less

than a year to see how much you’ve changed. I have missed

you terribly and I found a new friend along my journey and

I hope you’ve had a great time at home. The food here has

been questionable and I have tried plenty of new things

but can’t wait to have dinner with you again.


Lots of love Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.